Amenities matter when choosing your senior living lifestyle. Many people choose senior living for the security it brings for their future. However, they also consider services and amenities they know will play a big role in their enjoyment of life as they age.
As you consider a move to our community, rest assured the amenities we have incorporated will contribute to a fulfilling lifestyle!
Birkwood Village amenities include:
- Housekeeping and Maintenance- Forget the worries that come with homeownership. Onsite maintenance staff will manage all aspects of maintenance and upkeep for your apartment and the community common areas. When you have an issue you simply let us know. Light housekeeping services for your private apartment are offered and include; vacuuming, sweeping and mopping hard surface floors, dusting, cleaning of sinks, toilets, showers/bath areas, and emptying of garbage.
- Security- Residing in a secure building is a major attraction to many people. You can live with confidence knowing you and your home are safe in our secure building with 24/7 staff.
- Garages- For those wanting storage for their vehicle, our campus offers the option to rent an assigned garage space. *Specific to Tama/Toledo*
Community Spaces and Activities- Many negative health outcomes for older adults are due to lack of access to socialization and loneliness. Birkwood Village employs a full-time Recreation Program Director. Their number one goal is to develop an engaging and fun schedule of activities for tenants to choose from. In addition, community spaces such as our pub, fitness center, bistro/lobby, and outdoor spaces are available for tenants to enjoy on their own or with family and friends.
- Dining Experience- Our Birkwood Village menu is inspired by our Culinary Chef Consultant and Culinary Supervisor. The menu changes with the seasons and incorporates made from scratch items our tenants will thoroughly enjoy! Tenants are served a made-to-order breakfast, along with lunch and dinner menus that offer alternate options. Even the pickiest of eaters will find something they enjoy!
- Technology- Many retirees use mobile devices and enjoy communicating with friends and family on social media and via email. Birkwood Village will have high speed internet/WIFI access for tenants to continue participating in these activities.
- Access to Health Care Services- All tenants have the option to access our health care services. These services are provided in your private apartment by trained staff. To add services, a tenant meets with our licensed nurse who completes an assessment and works with the tenant to develop a personalized care plan. Services may be adjusted as needed. Health care services can include:
- Medication Management
- Mobility Assistance (1 person assist)
- Incontinence Management
- Nurse assisted physician communication