- Part Time
The Culinary Manager (CM) organizes, directs, and performs and supervises the performance of all dietary functions and personnel. The FSS maintains required records. The CM orients and trains personnel. The CM purchases food and supplies within budgetary restrictions.
Job Tasks Include:
- Assume responsibility for preparation and service of food with the assistance of food service personnel.
- Maintain records of dated menus and substitutions for a minimum of 12months.
- Maintain inventory of supplies to facilitate purchasing.
- Purchase food necessary for menus.
- With administrative approval, purchase supplies necessary for the department.
- Check all deliveries and signs delivery ticket or may delegate this function.
- Store food and supplies appropriately.
- Maintain file of standardized recipes for use in the facility.
- Orient, train and assign job tasks to personnel.
- Encourage participation in training programs.
- Supervise sanitation and safety procedures.
Education: High school graduate, able to read, write and follow oral and written instructions. Must complete the ServSafe Certification Program within 6 months of hire if not certified prior to hire date. The CM receives on-the-job training.
Work Experience: Some managerial experience in commercial food service is helpful, but not necessary.
Physical Demands: stands and walks most of working day. Handles and manipulates equipment in demonstrating, supervising and assisting in food preparation and service. Reaches for, lifts and carries materials. Will require periods when it is necessary to work very rapidly and under stress.
Please apply online our at the facility: Birkwood Village - 308 2nd Avenue, Toledo, Iowa 52342
For more information or questions, please contact: Kaleigh Sieck at 641-481-2300.