Dishes from Dietary
One Pan Brownies
· 1 c flour
· 1 3/4 c sugar
· 1/2 tsp salt
· 3/4 c unsweetened cocoa
· 1/4 tsp baking powder
· 1 tsp espresso powder (optional)
· 3 large eggs
· 8 tbsp unsalted butter (melted)
· 1/4 c vegetable oil
· 2 tsp vanilla extract
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a 9" x 13" pan.
2) Put all of the ingredients into a large bowl in the order in which they're written. Stir, then beat the mixture until it's smooth.
3) Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
4) Bake the brownies for about 25 minutes, or until they're just barely beginning to pull away from the sides of the pan. A toothpick inserted into the center will come out clean or with a few moist crumbs clinging to it; you shouldn't see any wet batter.
5) Remove the brownies from the oven; let them cool completely before cutting. Store any leftovers, well-wrapped, at room temperature for 5 to 6 days. Freeze for longer storage
Recipe Provided by Dorothy Thompson